KARIBU MAISHANI

KARIBU MAISHANI

Friday, May 18, 2012

Lady Gaga’s Monster Tour Ball Review

Going into the Lady Gaga Monster Ball Tour (Tacoma Dome, 8/25) last weekend I wondered if Lady Gaga could possibly live up to her reputation as one of the best performers in the world, or if I was going to leave disappointed that she was all hype and no execution. As it turns out, I did not leave disappointed. In fact, I left in awe, with my jaw on the ground.
I, possibly like you, have had my share of Gaga burnout lately. She is everywhere. Her fashion, her music, her videos. You can’t escape them. But believe me when I tell you, when you see Lady Gaga in person, the magic is bewildering, her talent absolute, the crowd’s fervor, infectious. It’s quite the surreal experience. The Lady Gaga Monster Ball Tour lives up to it’s name. At times during the show the scene is like an ethereal fantasy, dreamy and delicate, while other times it is looming, haunting and dark.
No matter the backdrop, the stage design is stunning. Lady Gaga changed costumes with the scene revisions and lived up to her legendary fashion reputation. But not only was the Lady Gaga Monster Ball Tour visually enchanting, Lady Gaga’s performance was completely mesmerizing. Gaga’s voice is quite amazing live, there was no auto-tune, no pre-recordings, just straight up Gaga – and damn, she was good. It’s amazing that someone who puts so much time and energy into a show can perform like this night after night. She was up there having a blast, obviously feeding off the energy from fans – and they, feeding from hers. I must say, I have been to a lot of shows in my day and this one will go down as one of the greatest, most memorable concerts I have ever seen. If you get the opportunity (or better yet, MAKE the opportunity!) to see Lady Gaga, I can guarantee you will be just as electrified by her show as I was. Kudos, Ms. Gaga, you are indeed, the new Queen of Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment